Creating your Baby Registry can be lots of fun, but with so many baby products to choose from, where do you begin? Here’s a quick look at 8 things that many moms consider must-haves.
- Baby carrier: A front carrier that holds your baby close to your chest not only promotes bonding, but you’ll also be able to use two hands to get things done around the house.
- Diapers: Not the most glamorous gift, but considering newborns go through an average of 8 to 10 diapers a day, it’s a helpful one.
- Playtex® Diaper Genie® Elite System: The all-in-one diaper pail helps control odours, contain germs, and makes diaper disposal easy.
- Swaddling blankets: If you don’t quite get the swaddle fold down pat, register for some swaddling blankets that have Velcro flaps that make things easier.
- Good camera: You are going to cherish each and every photo of your beautiful baby so why not make them good ones?
- Baby nail clippers: You’re going to take one look at those tiny fingernails and say, “I’m supposed to clip those?” Be prepared with a pair of infant-sized nail clippers. Here’s a tip if you’re nervous: Try trimming nails while your baby is sleeping.
- Really, really cute baby outfits: Soft pastel booties. Footsy pajamas. Little hats with teddy bear ears. Who can resist?
Another good idea is to ask your friends who have kids what their favorite shower gifts were. Which were most useful? Which were the most fun? Which ones had the most sentimental value? You may get some great suggestions.